Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Meet Tommy, the bike dresser

Tommy is a big guy.  And sturdy.  Everyone likes sturdy.  But not everyone likes boring, plain and faded wood.  
  

Tommy is a fun loving, jeans and t-shirt wearing kind of guy.  And his exterior should match his interior.  



He mellows out to Jack Johnson and likes to entertain his friends by playing his banjo around a bonfire down at the beach.  


 He's in and out of relationships but all of them end nicely.


And on any given day you can find him biking down the beach with his rescued golden by his side.


Since my previous bike dresser was such a big hit, and with summer upon us, I thought I would create another.  This is a great piece with fine construction.  I refinished the top and decided to brighten up the rest of the piece with some paint.  Annie Sloan Old White chalk paint is used for the base and I mixed a few colors together to use on the beach cruiser.  Of course I had to distress the piece to make it all shabby and beachy.  It was then sealed with wax for protection.


His dimension are 66" long, 33" high, and 20" deep.  I'll be delivering him to Robin's Egg in a few days where he'll await his new home.  :)


I named this piece after my husband who has shown an interest in cycling.  I hope he puts miles and miles under his wheels.  With or without the golden.  Or in our case, a cockapoo.  :)

Have a bright day,

24 comments:

  1. Love this! If you get a chance, please share this on my linky party: http://suburbsmama.blogspot.com/2013/05/sunday-link-party-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so amazing! But how did you paint the bike shape? Did you freehand it or use a stencil? I can't get over how cool this is, and I think I need to try this on my son's dresser (that used to be my grandparents--so not his style ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun is this. So creative. I love the blue bike. Perfect. Thanks for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job. I will be featuring this tonight at my Swing into Spring party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks. http://diybydesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this, great job! Thanks for sharing, I'm so inspired now to do something similar on my sons dresser. Love, love, love it!
    -Molly JustALittleCreativity.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fan double tastic! We are a big time bikin' family and I just might have to copy this some day... pinning!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea - especially for a children's room.
    I like the simple graphic design,
    Deb@LakeGirlPaints

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m impressed, I have to admit. Rarely do I encounter a blog that’s both equally educative and interesting

    hdhub4u
    Myhtspace
    hdsector
    GEFORCE Experience Error Code 0x0003

    ReplyDelete
  9. After exploring a handful of the articles on your website, I seriously like your way of writing a blog.

    aka.ms/remoteconnect
    Movierulz ht
    moviesflix pro
    Today pk
    extratorrents search

    ReplyDelete
  10. This site truly has all of the information I wanted concerning this subject and didn’t know who to ask.

    thoptv for windows
    myhtspace
    myindigocard

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is definately a great deal to find out about this topic. I like all the points you have made.

    extratorrents search
    hdsector

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice post. I learn something totally new and challenging on blogs I stumbleupon on a daily basis.

    msum d2i
    letmewatchthis
    genyoutube
    i'm feeling curious
    thoptv for windows

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thats great post !! I like ur every post they always give me some new knowledge.
    turbo vpn
    vpn master
    cartoon hd
    zapya
    xender

    ReplyDelete
  14. The greater matter of Free subscribers you have got, the extra you could continuously gain high views for your motion pictures which circuitously results in cash era. SignUp at ytbpals.Com totally free YouTube subscribers and find out about armslist tri cities fireamrms categorized armlist now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's time to help your country. So, don't stay at home with your hands on. As an entrepreneur, help people in your country by making an app that sends daily necessities to them without having to pay for them. As a top mobile app development company, we are working with entrepreneurs to help them build a strong Delivery Management Software on time and for a very reasonable price. Make it so that people don't leave their house and keep a social distance from each other. Start using touchless delivery in your country to fight off the effects of the Coronavirus.

    ReplyDelete