Thursday, June 14, 2012

Meet Franklin, the side table


This was a Craigslist find and after seeing the knobby legs and wavy-cut panels, I had to have him. 

The Before
I recently purchased Annie Sloan paint and I was chomping at the bit to use it.  This was the perfect piece; although the construction is wood, the top is laminate.  This paint is supposed to coat virtually any surface and stick.  So here goes it. 

I used Annie Sloan Old White on the outside and for the drawer I used Annie Sloan Duck Egg Blue.  I wanted that "peek-a-boo" affect when you opened the drawer.  Franklin is not afraid to show his feminine side that he keeps under drawers, if you know what I mean (**snicker, snicker**).  After painting, I distressed a bit and then added Annie's clear wax.  It's like butta!  (butta = butter;  I am originally from Massachusetts).  With the addition of clear glass knobs, I think he's looking kind of fancy!

Hello Duck Egg Blue!

He is 21" tall, 21" wide and 28" deep and looking to fill a space in someone's home.  You can check him out in my shop here.

Have a great day!

Debbie 
Linking to: 
HookingupwithHoH
Too Much Time On My Hands

Miss Mustard Seed's Creative Blog

1 comment:

  1. I love love love the duck egg blue you painted on the inside.....how fun! This really turned out beautiful!

    Karin
    The Style Sisters

    ReplyDelete